Wednesday 27 February 2008

I think we're alone now....

argh! I hate the the fact that cash in essential. It is though, so Rich went back to work on Monday and I am Numero Uno. the Boss. The One in Charge.

HELP MEEEE!

Anyhow. He's off in a lovely cushy office number that pays well, and so I am taking on the job full time, so to speak. We have decided on a continental style week with Mon Tues work days, Weds free day, Thurs Fri work days, and then Rich will do a few hours on Saturdays to give me a break. So now it's just a case of reminding them ever so gently that I am in charge and it's really hard work. I think Rich is much better at this than I am in all honesty - he is loads more patient and seems to engage them better but in time I think I will learn to be too. I am hopeful, anyway. Yesterday was really tough,Cal is pressing all the right buttons, testing and pushing the boundaries but so far I am managing to stay fairly calm. Even today, when we walked all the way to the post office (the first time I have been out with all 4 for ages) and it was CLOSED ( at bloody 2pm?) I remained calm and we sang really loudly all the way back to release stress,lol.

We need to start a new topic on Monday as we have exhausted football now as we suspected so for tomorrow and Friday I am just going to wild card it - teach them a bit of French, do some reading and painting, go through some great History books that NannyLyn got for Cal as an early birthday present (he was really chuffed with them so thankoooo xx) start reading Matilda and maybe do some cooking. New topic is yet to be chosen but I need something I can really plan because I find if the day is planned the night before it goes a million times better. Big thanks to Claire (Spidey) for her really useful motivation ideas - they are being implemented on Monday. Also thanks to my April girls who picked me up yesterday when I was wobbly - you girls are worth a million squids. *mwah*

Anyhow - everyone is well and happy and I feel totally up to the challenge which is the main thing. Onwards and upwards! xxx

1 comment:

Louise said...

You can do this Rach. You are a fabulous mummy and inspiration to us all. Just think holidays during the week to Edinburgh to study it's history with the £19 travel lodges whooooooo