Thursday 6 March 2008

whispering...

ssssssssssssssh. Don't tell anyone but it's going OK!! *faints*

I thought I was going to really struggle with this on my own. I wasn't sure if I could do it and after the first few days I began to think I was making a huuuuge mistake in trying to do this full time by myself. But what a difference a week or so makes!

The kids are finally starting to see that I am in charge and that they really do have to work and so long as they do I am quite nice to them heehee. I have a few visual behavior charts around the room so that any exeptional good or less good bursts can be recorded to show Daddy when he gets in and they are going out of their way to get good points on, which is fab! We are sticking to a vague pattern of events for days when we don't have to leave the house for whatever mundane reason. Lazy start, to work for 9.30/10am then work straight through with the 3Rs and Science till 12pm. We then break till 1.30. Afternoons we do whatever we fancy! Some days history based, some days geography based, some days documentary based, some days art based and some days we do French! I am not setting a new topic for a while and just letting them go woth their own flow for a bit until we are settled into this. When we get back from our trip down South next week I will see about a new topic for the afternoons then. Then after 3-3.30pm I throw them out in the street till dinner time, and they go and play with the rest of the (nicer) kids in the street - usually football. So they have a good 2 hours exercise a day on top of whatever else we end up doing PE wise,lol!

So we are all happy and enjoying it again which is great. The days race past which is another bonus, I thought I would miss Rich so much but it just seems to rocket past and before I know it it's 3.30 and I'm making dinner. Never thought I would get such a kick out of being a 50's housewife but you know what - I am damn good at it..;) Might even treat myself to this ROFL!

Few photos of my little mentalists... first Alex trying to get his own pajamas on.. the top is on his bottom half! I despair I really do,lol!

Next the three of them saying hello to the horses across the road.




Sam being a right poser,lol. I love love LOVE this photo!!


And finally Chops having a snuggle in the Babyhawk on Mothers Day.


Tis all for now - will update on Monday as it is my biggest boys 7 th Birthday! :-) xxx

1 comment:

Hazel said...

How about this one? http://www.linefeed.net/english/index.asp?file=z_intro.htm&c=1Z&gclid=CNy5ud39-JECFQlEMAodnXyWqw Lol.